Cornfoot, Carr & Co, and Carr & Patton, North Shields Pottery
Production of some of these plaques likely overlapped with those on the C, C & Co page above. The Cornfoot, Carr and Co partnership ran from 1832-1838, and Carr & Patton from 1838-46. All the plaques on this page have the same set of transfers that appear on later plaques (c1860s) attributed to John Carr & Sons, Low Lights Pottery, North Shields. See the North Shields Pottery partnerships page for information regarding changes of ownership.
The first two plaques above are finally potted from a two-part mould, to create a chamfered back (see top centre) more usually associated with plaques attributed to Scott. The rest have flat backs and are thicker and heavier. The round plaques above and small rectangular plaques below, with a moulded flower in each corner, were likely made during the Cornfoot, Carr and Co partnership. The first plaque below comes from a two-part mould and has a hollow back. The others are more heavily potted and have flat backs.
The transfers also appear on a plaque form from c1840, known to have been used by several Tyneside potteries (see first three plaques below). This would put them in the Carr & Patton period. The last two items are included for their decorative similarity to the first plaque.